Biome Website Project
Proudly made by Chanakan Mungtin, Chanoknan Akecharoen, and Siririn Nethithananond
Taiga & Tundra
what's the differences?
- It extends in the sub polar belt of N. America and Eurasia (55° to 66.5° north)
- It is a belt of coniferous forest.
- The winters are long and cold. Summers are short and warm.
- It is the land of fur bearing animals, e.g., mink, silver fox, squirrel, etc.
- Have a plant like spruce, pine, and fir
- It extends beyond the Arctic and Antarctic Circle (66.5° to the poles).
- Mosses and lichens are found with few stunted trees beyond the Taiga region.
- The winters are very long and severe. Summers are very short and warm.
- It is the land with few animals like polar bear, reindeer, and walrus.
- Have a plant like snallow-rooted, mosses, lichens, and grasses.
with ♥ by Chanakan MungtinCopyright © 2020 Chanakan Mungtin